Periscope is the hottest Social Media platform right now … you probably have heard about it and maybe even broadcasted a few scopes.
Let’s kick it up a notch and talk about how to get big results even if you are new.
What is Periscope?
Periscope, Twitter’s new live video broadcasting app, lets you broadcast live video to the world. Going live will instantly notify your followers, who can join, comment and send you hearts in real time.
Easy Guide to Periscope – Twitter’s Live Streaming App
How to Set Up Your Periscope for Success:
Let’s be sure that you are optimizing your attention on the Twitter and Periscope platforms. Here are great things to keep in mind:
- Setup Your Twitter Account first (if you don’t have one yet) and then login to Periscope with those settings
- Brand Your Name VS your business – People Connect with People
- Take a few minutes to upload a sharp headshot photo and write your bio
- Include your blog/capture page or even your Facebook URL
- Be sure to title your scopes in a way that provokes interest and curiosity
- Use hashtags to attract your ideal audience
- If you want all your scopes to be saved to your phone, turn the “Autosave” option under your settings
When you choose to share your broadcast to Twitter, a tweet goes out letting your Twitter followers and the world know you’re live. When users click the link they’ll have the option of viewing on the web or opening periscope and watching there. Remember only users watching on the app can comment or give hearts.
Need help creating awesome headlines?
Check out this free tool (www.AMinstitude.com/headline) that gives you a score between 0 and 100 on the effectiveness of your headline.
2 Strategies to Grow a HUGE Following on Periscope
You can either be broadcasting on Periscope or engage on other people’s scopes.
Either way, you have to go there to provide value. People tune in for value.
A great way to build your audience is by engaging on other people’s scopes. Follow 3-5 leaders in your niche. Make it a point to hop on as soon as they go live and bring it. Ask engaging questions, give a shout out, say Hello.
Be human, be real, be authentic.
What do I talk about?
Talk about something you know. What do you know more about then most people? What can you talk about for hours? What are you an expert at?
Start with your strengths and engage with your audience. They will ask you questions which will help you come up with ideas for more content!
If you and I haven’t yet connected on Periscope, follow me —> @NadyaSMelton
You can find John here —–> @RealJohnMelton
Want to Master Periscope?
The only way I know of is to do it until it becomes natural to you. Set out to do one periscope a day for 30 days. Don’t worry about being perfect! Don’t let this ugly disease of “perfection-itis” stop this world from benefiting from your message.
If you feel so scared to push “Broadcast”, watch this and let Rick Stout inspire you.
Ever experience emotional distress? You’ve got to tune in and watch Rick’s inbody death experience LOL … Oh yeah, pre-show of his first Periscope? #LaughingOutLoud #ThereWereNoWords
Posted by Nadya Melton on Sunday, September 6, 2015
Final Bonus Tip to Maximizing Your Efforts:
Have you heard of Katch.me?
- Use Periscope (or even Meerkat) as normal
- Katch works in the background and saves your replays to the cloud
- Your replays will be ready to watch or download within seconds after you finish streaming
- Set privacy, change titles, share & embed your replays
- Your Periscopes are available for replay (on Periscope platform) for only 48 hours
Here is an awesome way to build up your library and go back and respond to questions, comments and connect with interested prospects!
And remember …
Periscope LOVES imperfection!!!
Feel free to share this with anyone who might enjoy it and also comment below on your favorite tip or your biggest takeaway. I can’t wait to see your comments!
I empower entrepreneurs in identifying their purpose-driven celebrity brand to maximize the power of Social Media and the success of their online marketing efforts.